Cynthia Lockrey is a dynamic, innovative and inspiring speaker and corporate trainer. She weaves her 20+ years of experience as a communications professional, post-secondary instructor as well as her life events into her workshops and presentations.
Her sessions are infused with humor, practical learnings and simplified advice that will help professionals and caregivers have the tools needed to prepare for a variety of situations.
Cynthia Lockrey began her communications career as a reporter and newspaper editor, later transitioning to public relations.
Career highlights include:
- Communications Manager for three municipal governments across Canada. This included being the media and crisis communications lead for a Venue City for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games.
- Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor for a leading renewable energy company
- Emergency/public information officer for three local governments with extensive emergency management training and experience
- Post-secondary public relations and marketing instructor at the university and college level
- Patient advocate and patient advisor on medical committees for regional health care in Ontario and British Columbia
- Communications consultant – non-profit, corporate and government clients
- Media relations trainer, providing corporate and executive training
- Helping individuals improve their communications and presentation skills through coaching